Saturday, July 9, 2011

A bientot!



This post will be the last on this blog, as our trip has come to its end. We can't fully express how wonderful, how altering, how fabulous the month in France was. I personally feel changed by the experience in so many ways, not the least of which is a kindled desire to do more international travel.

While we were all sad to leave France, Nathan and I have vowed to return (a bientot, not adieu) to France in the future, and we hope this trip has created a sense of the wide world in Finn, too, and that he will choose to make travel part of his life as he grows up as well.

All that said, it is nice to be back to the comforts of home, among them a dishwasher, a washer and dryer, our own comfy bed. When Finn woke up yesterday in his own bed, he sat up, smiled, and said, "Home! I love it here!" And, as the picture above demonstrates, Virginia was beside herself to be back in a country that believes in cottage cheese.

So, a bientot for now, France. We'll be seeing you again.

XOXO,
The Four Americans

3 comments:

  1. Hi - I just came across your post as you mentioned ELFCA last summer - I am going to France and hoping to go to ELFCA myself. I've been there previously several times but not for the last four years - and now their website is down, I saw a blog that their phone was out of order, and the email address I used previously has bounced back. Do you happen to know if they are closed? IF so what a shame as ELFCA was the most heavenly place to study French.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm afraid ELFCA has closed -- the lovely people who ran the school retired. It was indeed a wonderful place though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Colette and Monique and all those great teachers. Too bad they didn't have someone take it over. Thanks for letting me know - was it sudden? It seemed like they just started a Facebook/etc. profile at the start of last year. The end of an era.

    ReplyDelete